From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Fwd: /etc/portage/profile/{pmask,arch.list, categories}
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 17:38:29
1 On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 10:21:49 -0500
2 Alec Warner <warnera6@×××××××.edu> wrote:
5 > My Apologies, KMail died, and when I restarted it it had the mail but
6 > stripped the attachment ;)
7 > ---------- Forwarded Message ----------
8 >
9 > Subject: /etc/portage/profile/{pmask,arch.list, categories}
10 > Date: Monday 09 January 2006 09:59
11 > From: Alec Warner <warnera6@×××××××.edu>
12 > To: gentoo-portage-dev@g.o
13 >
14 > Apparently these weren't working ( not being read in ) due to a lack
15 > of /etc/portage/profile being in Locations in config in portage.py
16 >
17 > I split a patch for hte issue by simply adding the extra location and
18 > fixing the odd grabfile_package calls. It seems grabfile package was
19 > stripping the
20 > - so it wouldn't nuke existing entries in the pmask file.
21 >
22 > Comments welcome as usual.
23
24 The profile stacking doesn't work that way ...
25 $PORTDIR/profiles/ and /etc/portage aren't part of the profile
26 stack, /etc/portage/profile is and actually works as intended. So this
27 patch would actually create a bug instead of fixing one
28 And if you think those dirs should be part of the stacking the patch is
29 still wrong as it has to be done the other way round.
30
31 Marius
36 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
37 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.