From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] PATCH: parallel-fetch
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:07:45
1 On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 07:41:22PM -0600, Brian Harring wrote:
2 <snip comments on parent emerge not killing child emerge>
3 > Either way, here's the issue, atexit registers work fine across forks,
4 > portage.portagexit is registered prior to portage_exec.cleanup, so the
5 > main portage pid sits there and waits for the kids to go away on their
6 > own, then portage_exec.cleanup tries waxing the pids.
7
8 This is the only blocker for merging parallel-fetch as far as I can
9 tell- so... my vote is nuking the wait out of portage.portageexit
10 (it's exec subsystem crap, belong in exec's atexit (where it exists)).
11 Assuming no complaints there, issues with parallel-fetch going into
12 svn?
13 ~harring