From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] [RFC] Add 'emerge --sync-glsa' action and 'emaint sync-glsa' command
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 23:04:33
1 On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 17:49:56 -0500
2 Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 12/17/2014 05:32 PM, Brian Dolbec wrote:
5 > >
6 > > Only code changes I see to portage, pkgcore (I know nothing about
7 > > paludis) are to look for the glsa's in the 2 possible locations.
8 > > The standalone glsa repo, failing that, backup to the gentoo tree.
11 > Could we ship a GLSA overlay enabled by default, regardless of what we
12 > do with the main repo? Then for simplicity, we update the tools to
13 > check metadata/glsa in overlays as well. No need to special-case a
14 > fallback location.
15 >
16 > glsa-check would of course want to sync the GLSA repo before running.
20 yes, that is a very simple edit to the default repos.conf file adding
21 the glsa repo. Yes, I forgot that glsa-check needed changes
22 so it would/could be configured to sync the repo too.
23
24 Pkgcore does not have the capability (yet) to read/use extended
25 repos.conf repo attributes. So, would need more code changes. I think
26 pkgcore does not yet handle repos.conf files... I'm not sure.
27 --
28 Brian Dolbec <dolsen>