From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] A way for trying to prevent useless rebuilds
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 18:54:15
1 This question comes to my mind every time a developer decides to
2 drop/add a USE flag to ebuilds like gcc/webkit-gtk/libreoffice...
3
4 I think that we should have a file (like used for category movements) to
5 let PM know how to handle this situation.
6
7 For example,
8 category/foo-1.0 has a "gnome" USE flag but, later, that one is dropped:
9 -> If it is now *enabling* that support always, our file could have
10 something like:
11 category/foo gnome + -> that would mean that, when "gnome" USE flag is
12 NOT found, portage assumes it as being enabled, that will mean that
13 people having previously "gnome" enabled wouldn't need to rebuild the
14 package
15
16 ... and the opposite
17