From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: New preserve-libs feature
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 20:57:50
1 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> posted
2 200702171009.35968.vapier@g.o, excerpted below, on Sat, 17 Feb
3 2007 10:09:35 -0500:
4
5 >> the old vuln. lib still will hang around as long as anything refs it.
6 >
7 > of course and this is the desired behavior ... people need to run
8 > revdep-rebuild, there's no two ways about it
9
10 Question: With the old library still around, will revdep-rebuild even try
11 to rebuild anything linked against it? Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought it
12 would only rebuild when the library was actually missing. (There's also a
13 hint of that in another comment, but maybe I'm reading that wrong as well.)
14
15 (Yes, I know the sig delimiter below is bugged. Bugged pan ATM.)
19 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
22 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list