From: Christian Ruppert <idl0r@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] About userpriv usage
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 15:06:55
1 On 05/28/12 at 12:49AM -0700, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > On 05/27/2012 03:27 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
3 > > I have seen today a fixed bug that was only reproducible for people
4 > > (like me) running without userpriv (but maintainer didn't found it
5 > > before commiting because he was running with this feature enabled), I
6 > > have also seen some packages skipping tests when not using userpriv. I
7 > > am unsure then, why default is still to not use userpriv?
8 >
9 > I think it's not enabled by default just because there's always risk
10 > involved in changing the defaults. I've been using it for years and I
11 > don't remember experiencing any problems because of it.
14 Same here.
15
16 > > I haven't
17 > > found important bugs opened pointing regressions but, since it's still
18 > > disabled by default, I am still running in the old way instead of using
19 > > "userpriv usersandbox" :/
20 >
21 > I plan to send an email to the gentoo-dev mailing list, to ask if there
22 > are any objections to having FEATURES="userpriv usersandbox" enabled by
23 > default.
24
25 +1
26
27 > --
28 > Thanks,
29 > Zac
33 Regards,
34 Christian Ruppert
35 Gentoo Linux developer, Bugzilla administrator and Infrastructure member
36 Fingerprint: EEB1 C341 7C84 B274 6C59 F243 5EAB 0C62 B427 ABC8