From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] emerge feature request: Downloads managed by lock file system
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 17:18:16
1 On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 06:04:18PM +0100, Simon Mika wrote:
2 > Although I have a computer that is a bit slower I have the similiar problem.
3 > Downloading does not consume much processorpower and athor machine
4 > resources. But compiling does need a lot. Wy don't use always use 2
5 > parallell processes, one that downloads, and one that compiles. The
6 > compiling process would still need to be synced with the downloading, but
7 > that should not be too hard to implement with some semaphore or similiar
8 > solution.
9
10 A quick 'n dirty hack in the FETCHCOMMAND should suffice. Something along the
11 lines of (pseudocode):
12
13 FETCHCOMMAND="if exists \${DISTDIR}/`basename \${URL}.lck`; then skip; else \
14 touch \${DISTDIR}/`basename \${URL}.lck`; \
15 /usr/bin/wget ...; \
16 rm \${DISTDIR}/`basename \${URL}.lck`; fi"
17
18 This of course as a temporary solution ;)
19
20 Wkr,
21 Sven Vermeulen
24 FOSDEM 2004 Free and Open Source Developers European Meeting
25 21 - 22 februari Brussels, Belgium http://www.fosdem.org
26
27 http://www.gentoo.org Documentation & PR swift@g.o