From: Francesco Riosa <vivo75@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] How to make portage create /var/log/portage/ with portage:portage owners?
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 13:25:29
1 2011/11/1 Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>:
2 > El mar, 01-11-2011 a las 13:59 +0100, Francesco Riosa escribió:
3 >> 2011/11/1 Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>:
4 >> > I have user "pacho" under "portage" group to be able to make some tasks
5 >> > without becoming root, but, sadly, I am unable to make portage
6 >> > create /var/log/portage files/dirs with portage:portage owners instead
7 >> > of portage:root, preventing me from removing old files without becoming
8 >> > root.
9 >> > Is there anyway to configure this?
10 >> >
11 >> > Thanks a lot
12 >> >
13 >>
14 >> chown -R portage:portage /var/log/portage
15 >
16 > I have tried this but each time files are recreated by portage, changes
17 > are reset :(
18 >
19 >> chmod g+s /var/log/portage
20 >> + add your user to group portage
21 >>
22 >> do the trick?
23
24 chmod g+s /var/log/portage
25 should take care of keeping newly created files in the portage group, maybe
26 `find /var/log/portage -type d -exec chmod g+s {} +`
27 work better