From: "Björn Ruberg" <bjoern@××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] efficient source for changes in the portage tree
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:32:49
1 Hello,
2
3 I'm the developer of ViewPortageX, a nice superkaramba theme that basically
4 parses packages.gentoo.org to display the changes in the displayed
5 package-tree. So it helps you to supervise the changes in portage.
6 This cuts down my syncs for example from once in two days to once in two weeks
7 (normally).
8 Link: http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=32012
9 ViewPortageX does some stuff more now, but that is its basic task.
10
11 Well, I want to improve it now, let it supervise all changes in the tree and
12 even let it evaluate your packages.keywords.
13 So it would be able print out something that comes pretty close to an emerge
14 -p world.
15 Well, I would be able to fetch all the needed information from
16 packages.gentoo.org, but I think there must be more efficient ways, as this
17 would cost much traffic and it is a little CPU-consuming.
18 So, perhaps you have an idea from were I can better fetch the updates in
19 portage?
20
21 Oh and I would like to make more use of the portage-API. Is there a
22 documentation of it somewhere?
23
24 Thanks,
25