From: m h <sesquile@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Is there a tool to manage USE flags? (use-config?)
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 18:10:06
1 Other than a text editor?
2
3 I'd like to have a tool that can add USE flags on a per package or
4 global level. (I'm doing this in some build scripts and would prefer
5 just to have a tool, rather than sed or some other shell hackery).
6
7 I couldn't find anything via a quick search on google.
8
9 Here's my interface:
10
11 use-config --add --component sys-devel/gcc --flag fortran
12
13 (adds the fortran USE flag to package.use for gcc)
14
15 A --remove would remove the fortran USE flag, and --unset would put
16 "-fortran" instead. A --global would update make.conf instead of
17 package.use.
18
19 Make sense? Are there other features that people would want?
20
21 Unless this already exists, I'll probably create a tool for this.
22
23 -matt
24 --
25 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list