From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] ACCEPT_KEYWORDS depreciation
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:04:48
1 On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 00:35:07 -0500 Alec Warner <warnera6@×××××××.edu>
2 wrote:
3 | I've been trying to sit in #gentoo more often ( I figured insanity
4 | would be a good excuse for my crummy grades ) and I am scared by the
5 | fact that people still walk in and try using ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~blar"
6 | to emerge things. We all know why this is bad, and it's been bad for
7 | quite some time.
8 |
9 | Opinions on adding a warning when users have set this in their
10 | environment?
11
12 If you're warning on that, you could also warn on far more dangerous
13 and at least equally as common things like silly CFLAGS or having
14 LDFLAGS set.
17 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (I can kill you with my brain)
18 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
19 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm