From: solar <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] [RFC] Making --quiet really mean it
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 15:49:51
1 Attached is the initial framework to make portage stfu.
2
3 pym/portage_util.py - (wrappers the writemsg function)
4 By default writemsg() has noiselevel handling, but it sends
5 everything to stderr. We wrapper it in order to pass
6 an additional file descriptor so we can use stdout vs stderr.
7
8 pym/portage.py - (use writemsg_stdout function)
9 To take advantage of the newy created writemsg_stdout() function
10 we swap it in place of alot of the default print "foo" statements
11 that are in portage's merge/unmerging phases.
12 Shifts env var PORTAGE_QUIET to doebuild where it can
13 be used by ebuild.sh.
14
15 bin/emerge - (-q/--quiet trigger)
16 Sets noiselimit to -1
17 and uses writemsg_stdout in a few places.
18
19 bin/ebuild.sh - (ulgy not attached)
20 bin/prepstrip - (ulgy not attached)
23 solar <solar@g.o>