From: Joakim Tjernlund <joakim.tjernlund@×××××××××.se>
To: "gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] custom profiles?
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 15:47:54
1 On Sat, 2015-03-07 at 12:18 -0800, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > On 03/06/2015 02:15 AM, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
3 > > I am trying to define a custom profile in one of our overlay(managed via layman)
4 > > This profile should inherit one of /usr/portage/profiles/ and
5 > > then I want to add custom USE flags, mask, keywords packages etc, then eselect this new profile.
6 > >
7 > > I cannot work out how to do this, any pointers?
8 > > portage: 2.2.18
9 > >
10 > > Jocke
13 > Set "profile-formats = portage-2" in metadata/layout.conf of your overlay. The is documented in the
14 > "portage" man page. It allows you to specify a profile from another repository in the "parent" file of you
15 > profile. For example, gentoo:default/linux/amd64/13.0/desktop in your "parent" file will cause your
16 > overlay's profile to inherit from that gentoo profile. If you list your profiles in profiles/profiles.desc
17 > in you overlay, then eselect profile will see them.
18
19 Thanks Zac, I did the above and got my own profile :)
20
21 I can get package.accept_keywords work the same as my keyword installed at
22 /etc/portage/package.keywords.
23
24 package.use/package.use.force is a bit different though:
25 cat /etc/portage/package.use/qemu
26 app-emulation/qemu vde -alsa -pulseaudio -bluetooth -opengl qemu_user_targets_x86_64 xattr virtfs static-user
27
28 #Needed by static-user
29 sys-libs/zlib static-libs
30 dev-libs/glib static-libs
31 sys-apps/attr static-libs
32
33 Moving this to package.use/package.use.force does not respect -alsa, -pulseaudio, -opengl all
34 flags which has a - on them, emerge wants to turn them on again.
35
36 Am I missing something?
37 Using portage 2.2.18
38