From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Stablizing portage 2.1
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 07:01:57
1 Zac Medico wrote:
2 > Well, it's been the tree for 2 days now we'll surely get bug reports
3 > as soon as people run into these hypothetical issues (though I
4 > expect very few, if any regressions). I think the globals cleanup
5 > is worth having in 2.1 because it makes the code more maintainable.
6
7 Ack.
8
9 > If you want to move back to a more stable revision, I'd suggest
10 > 2.1_pre7 (before manifest2). I believe manifest2 introduced more
11 > potential for regressions than the globals cleanup did.
12
13 I think we should really include Manifest2 in 2.1. So my personal favourite is
14 pre10. I don't think Zac's cleanup will introduce many bugs, and if there are
15 any, it should be pretty easy to fix them.
18 Kind Regards,
19
20 Simon Stelling
21 Gentoo/AMD64 Developer