From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Rerunning src_test with modifications
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 18:06:19
1 On 03/05/2012 08:50 AM, Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 > When I run into test failures in www-client/chromium, the normal
3 > procedure is to file a bug and filter the failing tests until the
4 > problem can be fixed (usually upstream).
5 >
6 > Ideally, I would like to be able to do the following:
7 >
8 > 1. Start building chromium using emerge or ebuild.
9 >
10 > 2. If src_test dies, modify the ebuild to filter the failing tests.
11 >
12 > 3. Re-run the test phase without rebuilding the source code.
13 >
14 > If I do not run ebuild clean, portage re-uses the environment from the
15 > previous run, which does not include my changes to the ebuild.
16 >
17 > Is there an easy way to have portage source the modified ebuild
18 > instead of just using the previous environment? Wiping out the
19 > environment file isn't really an option because we set some global
20 > variables in pkg_setup.
21
22 FEATURES=noauto makes it source the ebuild again, mixing it in with the
23 previous environment. You can enable it temporarily by exporting the
24 FEATURES=noauto environment setting to the command:
25
26 env FEATURES=noauto ebuild foo.ebuild test
27 --
28 Thanks,
29 Zac