From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Cc: lists@××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: Disabling "strip" in Emerge
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 23:11:00
1 On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 17:43:55 -0500 Thomas Kirchner <lists@××××××××.org>
2 wrote:
3 | On Nov 27 14:23, Sorav Bansal wrote:
4 | > I have a query regarding the "emerge" utility: it uses the strip
5 | > command
6 | > to strip all debugging and symbol table information from the
7 | > executables. I want to disable this. I want to retain all debugging
8 | > symbols. How can I do that?
9 |
10 | Assuming you use portage for installation of your programs, set add
11 | "nostrip" to your FEATURES variable in /etc/make.conf .
12
13 ...which, sadly, usually won't work since most autotools-based things
14 call install -s rather than install.
17 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, Sparc, Mips)
18 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
19 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm