From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] PATCH: initial EAPI awareness
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 06:37:13
1 Brian Harring wrote:
2 > On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 10:27:44PM -0700, Zac Medico wrote:
3 >>
4 >>A better approach IMO would be to store the EAPI in a separate file such as
5 >>metadata.xml. This would allow *absolute* flexibility in the "ebuild"
6 >>format. Portage would be able to select an appropriate parser with no need
7 >>to examine the "ebuild" itself.
8 >
9 > Disallows eclasses from ever setting eapi.
12 In order to adapt my above suggestion, to allow for eclasses to define the eapi, we would specify a parser identifier inside metadata.xml rather than an eapi identifier. Indeed, the parser identifier (or file extension) would be a separate thing from eapi.
13
14 Zac
15 --
16 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list