From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Try to specify how to get that a USE flag is present in current ebuild
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 06:04:47
1 On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 7:22 PM, Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
2 > El sáb, 22-09-2012 a las 13:54 -0400, Mike Frysinger escribió:
3 >> On Friday 21 September 2012 15:08:20 Pacho Ramos wrote:
4 >> > In that one, we try to use the following:
5 >> > has vala ${IUSE//+/} && ! use vala && return 0
6 >>
7 >> inherit eutils
8 >> use_if_iuse vala
9 >> -mike
10 >
11 > I am aware of that one also, but Ciaran also wants to forbid it for the
12 > same reason :S
13
14 Well I assume Ciaran wants to forbid it because he is attempting to
15 write a PMS compliant PM; but in order to use these ebuilds properly
16 he has to emulate the unspecified behavior that the ebuilds rely on
17 upon. His claim is that the council is supposed to forbid this
18 behavior (presumably to make his job less horrible) but I don't see
19 them beating down your door to change it (and the behavior is not
20 new.)
21
22 -A