From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] default postsync
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 20:10:18
1 Jason and myself had talked about briefly but not in any depth about
2 post sync actions. Quickly after the basic idea was accepted it
3 started to become clear that a set of default triggered may be
4 desired.
5 So I was thinking like if portage installed something like the
6 following or if we changed the behavior now in emerge.py before the
7 existing become to widely adopted to do more or less the same thing
8 that this bash script does.
9
10 #!/bin/sh
11 # Copyright 2006 Gentoo Foundation
12 # Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
13 # $Header: $
14
15 if [ -d /etc/portage/postsync.d/ ]; then
16 for f in /etc/portage/postsync.d/* ; do
17 if [ -x ${f} ] ; then
18 ${f}
19 fi
20 done
21 else
22 :
23 fi
24 ##############################
25
26 How do you think we should handle it?
27 Should we install a post_sync in a postinst phase outside of portage's
28 handling if and only if not post_sync already exists?
29 Should we change it to handled a postsync.d by default?
30 Should we do both? I'm open as heck but would like to start to
31 finalize then document it's behavior. I feel it could be one of the
32 next untapped really useful features of portage. glsa-checking, news
33 handling, search db updating, and stuff etc..
36 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
37 Gentoo Linux
40 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list