From: Joakim Tjernlund <Joakim.Tjernlund@××××××××.com>
To: "zmedico@g.o" <zmedico@g.o>, "gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Avoid stripping ld.so ?
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 06:55:16
1 On Thu, 2018-08-30 at 13:01 -0700, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > On 08/29/2018 01:10 PM, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
3 > > Is there a way for portage to avoid strippning debug syms for ld.so ?
4 > > I would like to avoid building all of glibc with debug syms.
5 >
6 > Maybe use FEATURES=splitdebug together with INSTALL_MASK="/usr/lib/debug
7 > -ld-*.so.debug"?
8
9 That could work, but is somewhat hacky.
10 One also need to apply the *MASK only for glibc so you don't mess with other pkgs
11 and I need to do this from a custom profile where I have to apply such things
12 from within bashrc hacks as I cannot make package.env work there, or did I miss something?
13
14 If not, could portage profile handling be extended to support package.env too?
15
16 Jocke