From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] IUSE_DEFAULTS-v0.1
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 08:34:17
1 On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 11:23:26PM +0000, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > Soo apparently I wasn't subscribed...stupid address changes ;)
3 >
4 > Patch ( which is actually v0.2 since 0.1 was a proof of concept.. ) for
5 > having USE flag defaults in ebuilds. The variable IUSE_DEFAULTS was
6 > chosen for backwards compatability, although I'm sure we will get
7 > complaints about extra variables and tree bloat. If you have a better
8 > variable name, by all means propose it ;)
9
10 IUSE- eapi bump it, I pushed for the var for exactly crap like this ;)
11
12 The only (imo) reason to add the USE_ORDER chunks is because users use
13 -* to castrate auto-use; auto-use is dead in 2.1, so the main reason
14 for using -* is gone.
15
16 So... really worth adding another chunk of metadata for this?
17
18 Tiz your guys show, your choice on it but either way, an EAPI bump
19 *should* be required (addition of new metadata that affects the
20 resultant/desired deps would qualify), so you've got room to manuever
21 on it.
22
23 ~harring