From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] backend support for FEATURES=debug-build (again)
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 17:28:01
1 On Thursday 11 May 2006 02:41, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > yes, it's a user-friendly interface issue:
4 > > we have *no* *sane* way of doing a debug emerge
5 >
6 > I don't find this particular implementation very user-friendly either,
7
8 if you read my original e-mail in this thread (or even the subject), i said
9 this is the back-end changes *only*
10
11 the next step is to add `emerge --debug-build foo`
12
13 > since AFAIK the FEATURES settings still aren't remembered
14
15 nor should they
16
17 > or settable on a per-package level.
18
19 unrelated topic, see per-package.env bug
20
21 > That's why x-modular.eclass has USE=debug to accomplish the same thing.
22
23 which is totally wrong
24
25 read the thread i started on gentoo-dev where i went over how USE=debug in the
26 portage tree is complete trash atm
27 -mike
28 --
29 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list