From: Sebastian Luther <SebastianLuther@×××.de>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Commit Policy
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 06:43:31
1 Am 10.01.2014 11:35, schrieb Brian Dolbec:
2 > First off. Welcome and than you for responding to help with
3 > portage.
4 >
5 > With this many people, we should be able to make good progress
6 > without overloading any one person.
7 >
8 > General rule is to submit all patches to this list for review and
9 > approval before committing.
10 >
11 > Remember to do these always: 1) run pyflakes on your changes to
12 > check for faults, misssing imports, variables undefined,...
13 >
14 > 2) run the testsuite to check for breakage. It is in the base
15 > directory called runtests.sh. Please try to test it with all
16 > minimum supported python versions, but if you have pypy, and some
17 > others, then great.
18 >
19 > 3) any new code that could break things, make a test for it if at
20 > all possible.
23 > The general exception for patch submittal is for trivial changes
24 > such as typo fixes, etc..
25 >
26 > It will take a bit of time for everyone to acclimate themselves
27 > into our new team. So, I was thinking we give it 2 months, then
28 > hold an election for lead in March. Is that alright with
29 > everyone?
30 >
31 > Thanks
34 One more useful thing:
35
36 Put this in ~/.gitconfig:
37 [color]
38 ui = auto
39
40 This way git diff will use colors, including highlighting of trailing
41 whitespace.