From: Alex Brandt <alunduil@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] distfiles in overlays?
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 17:52:10
1 On Tuesday, November 03, 2015 12:29:01 Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
2 > Sometimes I have to move files from my layman overlays distfiles to
3 > /usr/portage/distfiles in orders to rebuild older stuff not in gentoo
4 > anymore.
5
6 Wouldn't it be better to fix the ebuilds in the overlay to point at a current
7 URL for the tarball?
8
9 > Should not emerge search in distfiles where the ebuild resides?
10
11 No, the ebuild should specify where to get the tarball.
12
13 Not sure these comments are what you're looking for but it sounds like you
14 just need to fix the ebuilds in your overlay to point at the distfiles in your
15 overlay as a SRC_URI.
16
17 Just my 2ยข, disregard if too assumptive.
18
19 Regards,
22 Alex Brandt
23 Software Developer for Rackspace and Developer for Gentoo
24 http://blog.alunduil.com