From: Hasan Khalil <gongloo@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: portage-ng roadmap?
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 18:44:56
1 There are, absolutely, people working on portage for alternative
2 platforms. I am one of four developers in training, shooting to work on
3 gentoo-macos. pvdabeel is the gentoo-macos god currently, so he can fill
4 you in with all the details.
5
6 I'm wondering the same, actually (regarding all the portage limitations
7 listed on the portage-ng page). What's going on, then?
8
9 -Hasan
10
11 Adrian Gschwend wrote:
14 > What about the limitations in portage that are listed on the portage-ng page?
15 > Do you think it should be possible to get it to work on other platforms than
16 > Linux within a reasonable time? Where could I run into problems? Are there
17 > still people working on portage for Fink or BSD?
18 >
19 > cu
20 >
21 > Adrian