From: Francesco Riosa <BastianBalthazarBux@×××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] SQLite backend?
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 09:31:21
1 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I admit I have not followed last threads about cache and new
5 > infrastructure (plugins and stuff).
6 >
7 > However I followed the template and coded a SQLite3 (pysqlite2)
8 > backend: http://www.gustavobarbieri.com.br/gentoo/portage_db_sqlite.py
9
10 $ env -i wget
11 "http://www.gustavobarbieri.com.br/gentoo/portage_db_sqlite.py"
12 --10:03:17-- http://www.gustavobarbieri.com.br/gentoo/portage_db_sqlite.py
13 => `portage_db_sqlite.py'
14 Resolving www.gustavobarbieri.com.br... 200.210.52.20
15 Connecting to www.gustavobarbieri.com.br|200.210.52.20|:80... connected.
16 HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
17 10:03:18 ERROR 403: Forbidden.
21 > The main problem is that it's really slow to search and calculare
22 > dependencies. Could some developer take a look and tell me where I can
23 > improve it?
24 >
25 > In an ideal world, I wouldn't have to pickle/unpickle data but have
26 > its data in columns instead... one would re-encode the version strings
27 > using a pattern that is comparable by string, so you should be able to
28 > search for a given string or higher versions.
29
30 just random thoughts:
31
32 you need a special number, 0 .. infinite, NULL because
33 "1.0" is different from "1.0.0" in version numbers, the comparison
34 functions may work in a not so intuiteve manner, take a look at
35 versionator.eclass to see how it's handled there.
36
37 version char(130)
38 revision char(12)
39
40 where version is 10 * 13 fields, every field is:
41 1st char:
42 Code Suffix Meaning
43 2 _alpha Alpha release (earliest)
44 3 _beta Beta release
45 4 _pre Pre release
46 5 _rc Release candidate
47 6 (no suffix) Normal release
48 7 _p Patch level
49 " " blank if not applicable
50
51 remaining 12 chars, version, 0 padded
52 " " blank if not applicable
56 regards
57 --
58 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list