From: Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] gentoolkit.git repository reorganized
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 17:42:57
1 All:
2
3 Due to historical reasons the gentoolkit git repository was organized
4 with two branches, gentoolkit and gentoolkit-dev with master effectively
5 being an empty branch. This was confusing to contributers and with git
6 did not make a lot of sense. Over the last couple of days, I have done
7 the following:
8
9 1. Migrated the gentoolkit-dev branch to its own gentoolkit-dev.git
10 repository
11 2. Moved the gentoolkit branch to master on the gentoolkit.git repository
12
13 The one thing left to do is to remove the gentoolkit-dev branch from the
14 gentoolkit repository, I'm going to wait for several days to make sure
15 that there is nothing missing in the gentoolkit-dev repo before removing it.
16
17 Due to the nature of the changes to the repos, I've found that it is
18 easiest to backup the current clone and re-clone the repository to make
19 sure that everything is up to date with the changes.
20
21 Regards,
22 Paul