From: Alec Joseph Warner <warnera6@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Questions about CVS locations and GID...
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 20:07:41
1 m h wrote:
2 > Hey Folks-
3 >
4 > I'm working on trying to get prefixed installs working. (As such, I'm
5 > using some code kindly modified by Michael Haubenwallner. ) I'm now
6 > in python code (portage) and would like to compare what I have with
7 > gentoo proper.
8 > Is this the location of the latest up to date portage code (in CVS, I
9 > realized devs might have more "up to date" code on their boxes):
10 > http://www.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/portage/pym/?root=gentoo-src
11 >
12 > I looked through the dev documentation but couldn't find anywhere
13 > where it stated the actual location of the code in CVS. Any pointers
14 > would be great.
15 >
16 > thanks,
17 > matt
18 >
19 > ps.
20 > The issue I found is with pym/cache/fs_template.py. If I'm running as
21 > root (GID = 0) then this fails:
22 >
23 > def __init__(self, label, auxdbkeys, basepath=None, gid=-1,
24 > perms=0664, **config):
25 > """throws InitializationError if needs args aren't specified"""
26 > if not gid:
27 > raise
28 > cache_errors.InitializationError(self.__class__, "must specify gid!")
29 >
30 > Shouldn't the logic be "if gid != -1"? I don't have access to a
31 > gentoo proper box right now...
34 I thought that part of brian's domain stuff in Savior was to cover this.
35 In either case no one should be writing any real code at this point
36 since no one has agreed on any sane way to pull this off. There needs
37 to be plenty of healthy discussion the pro's and con's of how things
38 should be done in regards to *-prefix.
39
40 In conclusion, if you think this will be 'easy', think again ;)
41
42 PS. However starting discussion on how exactly this would work might be
43 a nice thing to do ;)
44 --
45 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list