From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] portage-ng concurse entry Was: Updated Portage project page
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 01:25:53
1 On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 21:50, Ray Russell Reese III wrote:
2 > Then there are those ebuilds that are a few hundred lines (or gasp more)
3 > of bash script that would benefit from something more structured. What
4 > that something is I honestly don't know. But at least with the plug-able
5 > ebuild format, we could retain compatibility with the current ebuilds,
6 > and slowly phase them into something more appropriate.
7
8 Yes, we will need to gracefully transition to the new format over time.
9
10 Regards,
11
12 Daniel