From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] /etc/make.profile/use.defaults (was: building dependency tree)
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 15:18:54
1 Pieter Van den Abeele wrote:
2 >
3 > On 12 May 2004, at 16:43, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
4 >
5 >> Pieter Van den Abeele wrote:
6 >>
7 >>> On 12 May 2004, at 08:42, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
8 >>>
9 >>>> agaffney@kagome dev $ ./portage.pl x11-base/xfree | sort -u
10 >>>> x11-base/xfree-4.3.0-r5
11 >>>> x11-misc/ttmkfdir-3.0.9-r1
12 >>>
13 >>> ttmkfdir is an xfree compile time dependency, so it has to be
14 >>> installed before xfree and not after :-)
17 >> I know. Like I said, my program currently only prints dependencies
18 >> instead of tracking them in an array or hash, so it can't eliminate
19 >> duplicates. Because of this, I ran the output through 'sort -u' which
20 >> put them in alphabetical order instead of dependency order.
23 > ok, that's what happens when you write email late in the morning :-)
24
25 I've come across another issue. 'emerge -epvt xfree' shows that python wants to
26 install tcl and tk because of the 'tcltk' USE flag where my program doesn't.
27 That USE flag is not defined in my /etc/make.profile/make.defaults or
28 /etc/make.conf. 'ufed' shows that it is defined in
29 /etc/make.profile/use.defaults. I've never come across this file before. What
30 does it do?
33 Andrew Gaffney
34 Network Administrator
35 Skyline Aeronautics, LLC.