From: Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] PATCH: gentoolkit: Make portage.config object a global object
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 23:58:44
1 On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 08:46 +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:
2 > > Updated patch to add a semaphore to control access to the global
3 > > portage.config object. Unless anyone sees any other issues with this
4 > > patch, I will be placing it into gentoolkit.
5 >
6 > Is the settingslock created in __init__.py accessible in package.py? It may
7 > just be another gem of python I didn't know about, but wouldn't it be not
8 > available from that scope?
11 It's available due to the ugly "from gentoolkit import *" at the start
12 of the file.
13
14 > Also, the calling of self._settings.reset() would be a big performance hit.
15 > setcpv() does almost nothing if the per-package settings of the passed cpv
16 > are identical to those of the previous. reset() on the other hand restacks
17 > all configuration every time.
18
19 I hadn't noticed a big performance hit, but it is easily removed.
20
21 Regards,
22 Paul
23 --