From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] PATCH: parallel-fetch
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 09:24:42
1 On Sat, Dec 17, 2005 at 12:02:00AM +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:
2 > I mean for when a sub-process is running such as ebuild or rsync. Will portage
3 > get the SIGINT before or at the same time as the sub-process causing portage
4 > to then SIGKILL it while it's trying to exit cleanly? Given that portage's
5 > atexit handler is registered after portage_exec's, the subprocess reaping
6 > code would not have been doing anything in the past. I guess the question is
7 > more a general one rather than specifically related to background fetching.
8 Tests seem to work fine.
9
10 attached is updated parallel-fetch patch; main bits are chunking the
11 worthless atexit crap from portage.py .
12
13 So... test it out please. based against 2.1_pre1, although it should
14 apply to .53.
15
16 Thanks,
17 ~harring