From: Markus Walter <lists@×××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Normaliser function for distfiles
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 17:37:45
1 Hello all,
2
3 is it possible to do the following: after fetching a distfile portage runs
4 an external normaliser program specified in an ebuild before checking the
5 hash?
6
7 My use case is the following: I would like to improve the gs-elpa program
8 and provide a precomputed overlay for melpa. However the melpa distfiles are
9 rebuilt everyday and cause checksum failures. However the only thing
10 changing are the timestamps. Hence if a normaliser program could simply set
11 all timestamps to some predefined value (say 1.1.1970) then this problem
12 should vanish.
13
14 Thanks in advance
15
16 Markus
19 For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more
20 intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much---the wheel, New
21 York, wars and so on---while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about
22 in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always
23 believed that they were far more intelligent than man---for precisely the
24 same reasons. (Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.)