From: tvali <qtvali@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] DB and binary dependency
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 20:52:38
1 Supposing that you have those
2 #provide header <header.h>
3 lines in all your packages, which provide something (and, of course, only in
4 those places in code, where they actually do so that useflags might be
5 correct), there may be some command of dep builder, which just uses those
6 providings, putting them together with it's
7 #use header <header.h>
8
9 This is not maybe common case, when interfaces and atoms have to be used.
10
11 File with
12 #provide header <header.h>
13 lines could also be autobuilt -- if you have copied all common *.h files
14 into some dir, which you are going to just put into /lib, then you're done.
15
16 That's somewhat a question, how it should be differenciated if .so is needed
17 or just headers and code, but there are several more or less simple
18 solutions. In all cases, data about which .so file is needed should be
19 contained in .h file, not in a package, which is going to use it -- i think
20 so.
21