From: Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] REVDEP-REBUILD and emerge default options
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 18:27:56
1 On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 11:01 -0700, Brian Harring wrote:
2 > On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 12:54:35PM -0500, Paul Varner wrote:
3 > > I am very much against allowing EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS in revdep-rebuild
4 > > since I went through hell trying to support it when it was first added
5 > > as a feature to portage and I really don't want to go through that
6 > > again.
7 >
8 > Just out of curiousity, did you try a blacklist or a whitelist
9 > approach?
10
11 I tried a blacklist approach, however, it seemed like every time I
12 turned around some other option was causing it to break. Finally, I got
13 fed up with the hassle and quit trying to support it.
14
15 Regards,
16 Paul