From: Amit Dor-Shifer <amitds@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] ebuild/emerge lookup category differently?
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 06:09:41
1 Solved.
2 I was missing the profiles/ dir in the build env. (a temp folder, which
3 is wiped-clean before the build). Your reply gave me a lead.
4 Thanks,
5 Amit
6
7 Zac Medico wrote:
8 > Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:
9 >
10 >> Hi.
11 >> In my overlay, I can have packages assigned to a private category, and
12 >> have that category specified in profiles/categories, under the overlay
13 >> itself.
14 >> However, in-order to ebuild such a package I have to append the category
15 >> to /etc/portage/categories, else I get an error message:
16 >>
17 >> !!! 'priv-cat/mypkg' has a category that is not listed in
18 >> /etc/portage/categories
19 >>
20 >> Is that intended?
23 > No, but if works for me here (in profiles/categories, under the
24 > overlay itself). So, I wonder what's different about your system.
25 > Are you sure that you spelled the category correctly?
26 >
27 > You can get a list of valid categories like this:
28 >
29 > python -c 'import portage; print portage.settings.categories'
30 >
31 > Does your category show in that list?
34 >> Amit