From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] per ebuild distdir symlinking
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 22:14:50
1 Hola.
2
3 Continuing the tradition of being a lazy bugger and raiding from my
4 previous work instead of doing something new, attached is a patch that
5 forces unpack to go through a level of indirection.
6
7 Essentially... rather then direct access to $DISTDIR, we create a
8 tmpdir, symlink in the _known_ files that portage believes that ebuild
9 uses, and the unpack function looks in that directory.
10
11 Can be defeated by a unpack ${DISTDIR}/file call, but that's invalid
12 anyways.
13
14 Why do this? Well, mainly it's a catch for ebuilds that aren't
15 listing files in their src_uri when fetch restricted. No file in uri,
16 no file in accessed distdir essentially.
17
18 It also has the nice side affect that if we have ever screw up src_uri
19 parsing, the ebuild will puke rather then the internal portage error
20 sliding by- that's not really the intention of the patch however, just
21 a nice assert of sorts.
22
23 Either way, it's attached. Comments?
24 ~harring