From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Enforced OpenPGP signatures
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 18:48:40
1 On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 10:41:38AM +0200, Alexander Berntsen wrote:
2 > Friends,
3 >
4 > I saw Brian asking Michał to OpenPGP-sign his commits in IRC, to which
5 > Michał quipped that we would have if it were enforced. So perhaps we
6 > should just enforce it. Most of us do it -- but I see Zac not doing it
7 > sometimes, seemingly at random. In any event, I don't think there's a
8 > good reason *not* to sign things.
9 >
10 > What do you think? And what's the procedure/who do we talk to, to get
11 > a pre-push hook set up to enforce it?
12 A pre-push hook would only do it locally for you, it wouldn't enforce it
13 on the server side.
14
15 Please file a bug to have infra turn it on for the repos you want
16 (specify them in the bug).
17
18 Here's the actual hook that's used:
19 https://github.com/gentoo/git-gx86-tools/blob/master/hooks/dev-git/update-02-gpg
20 Note that it only verifies on the master branch, and for merges, only
21 the merge-commit onto master is verified.
24 Robin Hugh Johnson
25 Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Trustee & Treasurer
26 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
27 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
28 GnuPG FP : 7D0B3CEB E9B85B1F 825BCECF EE05E6F6 A48F6136