From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: backend support for FEATURES=debug-build (again)
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 10:10:21
1 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> posted
2 200605130207.45945.vapier@g.o, excerpted below, on Sat, 13 May
3 2006 02:07:45 -0400:
4
5 > On Tuesday 09 May 2006 22:43, Mike Frysinger wrote:
6 >> no one responded last time about this patch so lets try one more time :P
7 >>
8 >> backend support for FEATURES=debug-build ... no hooks/hacks/etc... included
9 >> here to handle a user interface `emerge --debug-build`
10 >
11 > so do we have anyone against this ? if not i'll merge it later this weekend
12
13 Maybe this has been discussed on IRC and I'm the one out of the loop, but
14 there's a thread saying trunk is frozen for 2.1 stabilization. I'd
15 consider this a new feature and therefore not a candidate for merging
16 until 2.1 is branched. If you wish to make the case that it should go in,
17 perhaps it may, but I'd certainly be careful about merging it without a
18 definite go-ahead to do so, while trunk is supposed to be frozen save for
19 bugfixes.
26 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
29 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list