From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] portage-ng requirements doc
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 01:50:06
1 On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 15:15, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > implementation goals:
3
4 I do not mean any offense by this, but I will continue to
5 unapologetically reject anything implementation-focused at this point.
6 Requirements and design goals need to be written in such a way so that
7 they are not implementation-specific. So, words such as "USEFLAGS,"
8 "distfiles," "slots" or even "ebuild" should not be used in any of the
9 requirements, as they have a built-in bias towards a particular
10 implementation.
11
12 Figure out what types of problems you are trying to address in your list
13 of implementation goals, and distill them to a raw, generic requirement
14 or design goal. Then I can incorporate them into the design spec.
15
16 Regards,
17
18 Daniel