From: Markus Duft <mduft@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] prefix portage chaining
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 07:28:03
1 On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 11:44 -0700, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 [snip]
5 > While much of what you are talking about here mainly applies to prefix,
6 > it looks to me from glancing over the code that you might of solved a
7 > long standing problem in the embedded world with cross compiling via
8 > portage. 222895 If that is the case, then I owe you a beer. one about
9 > the size of a keg.
12 lol, thx for the beer ;)
13
14 hmm... looking over that patch again, the only EPREFIX dependent thing
15 is, that i'm removing EPREFIX from the vartree class again :) so this
16 should pretty much plain apply to main too, and simply work. you may
17 want to rename READONLY_EPREFIX to READONLY_ROOT, but thats it :)
18
19 the other stuff besides portage modification (baselayout patchery, etc.
20 is prefix specific again, so all you'd need is the portage changes.
21
22 if you will try it, please let me know if it worked :) with the attached
23 patch "sed -i -e 's,READONLY_EPREFIX,READONLY_ROOT,g'", and applying to
24 an installed /usr/lib/portage should enable you to do it.
25 (backup /usr/lib/portage - i trust my work, but... we never know for
26 sure :))
27
28 then add to make.conf: READONLY_ROOT=/my/other/root:DEPEND
29
30 i hope this is what you where looking for...! and i hope it doesn't
31 somehow clash with the existing cross compile logic in portage regarding
32 where to merge to...
33
34 Cheers, Markus

portage-chaining-11.patch text/x-patch