From: tvali <qtvali@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] DB and binary dependency
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 15:05:24
1 On 24/03/06, tvali <qtvali@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 24/03/06, Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> wrote:
3 > > On Friday 24 March 2006 12:40, tvali wrote:
4 > > Perhaps you should read up your knowledge of the C language. After you
5 > > found that the C language is a mess, try C++, it makes things worse.
6 > > After that's finished take a look at solving this problem for ALL
7 > > languages.
8 >
9 > I actually know c++, but dont know c. Anyway, what i mean is that if
10 > you have .h files, you may make up automatic check if interfaces fit
11 > each other. I have to think about if c++ is a mess :)
12
13 btw if it seems like if i cant write c++, it's actually that i cant
14 write english as i'm estonian ;) anyway, i agree that programming
15 languages are a mess. I sometimes think that the whole conception of
16 putting it together from characters of alphabet always makes them
17 messy. Building another abstraction layer or library, anyway, will
18 make even a perfect language non-perfect again :)
21 tvali
22
23 If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my
24 axe. -Abraham Lincoln
25
26 There are two kind of sysadmins: Paranoids and Losers. -(adapted from D. Bach)
27
28 You can't measure time in days the way you can money in dollars
29 because every day is different. -Jorge Luis Borges
30
31 "Never let your boss or your customer talk you into doing a bad job."
32
33 http://www.approximity.com/public/quotes.html ;)
36 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list