From: "Björn Michaelsen" <bjoern.michaelsen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] BNF for DEPEND in EAPI0 and EAPI1
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 19:07:49
1 Am Mon, 14 Apr 2008 14:22:12 +0200
2 schrieb Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>:
3
4 > Offhand the 'package name' part is wrong/incomplete, pretty sure even
5 > PMS says that they can't start/end with underscores or dashes (it's a
6 > real PITA to get it right).
7
8 I havent found anything like that in the PMS at the appropriate places.
9 It only limits the characters and restricts a package name not to end
10 in a hyphen followed by number literals.
11 However, if there is a need to restrict the package name like that it
12 _should_ be in the PMS of cause. Other wierd package names allowed by
13 this regexp and by the PMS: "---", "___1", "1-2a"
14 PMS even allows "137" or "", while the regexp does not. That would be
15 easily fixed, but I guess that is not even intended.
16
17 > Haven't really read the non-terminals section as it's hard to read in
18 > this form, using EBNF or some markup language might help with that.
19 EBNF would be easy. What kind of markup do you have in mind? (Also I
20 need to get rid of the left recursion in the BNF)
21
22 Have Fun,
23
24 Björn