From: Emma Strubell <emma.strubell@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Google SoC and "cache sync"
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 15:01:59
1 Hi all.
2
3 So, I'd love to do Google's Summer of Code with you guys. I was perusing the
4 list of ideas on the Gentoo wiki, and the "cache sync" idea seems pretty
5 interesting, especially since it concerns the overall speed of portage,
6 including search, which of course I've already started some work on.
7 However, there is no contact person associated with that project! I figured
8 I'd come here before going to #gentoo-soc to see if anyone is interested in
9 mentoring me on this project, since it seemed like a few of you might be
10 interested.
11
12 As for the work I have already done, I really just don't have the time right
13 now to work on it/polish it so that I'm not totally embarrassed to share it
14 with you! Sorry, believe me, I'd rather be working on that then doing
15 problem after problem of 2's complement division. I will definitely
16 incorporate that this summer though if I get accepted to do SoC :]
17
18 Thanks!
19 Emma