From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] The road ahead...
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 01:06:40
1 On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 01:06:07PM +0300, Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > the branch is finished make a tag. Btw, anyone object to swap
3 > branches/2.0 with trunk (seeing that 2.1 is dead)?
4 Would be nice, yah.
5
6 > >Another "by the way", `svn -v log > ChangeLog` for 2.0.53_rc6. I'm open to
7 > >anything better if anybody has a good format for autogeneration. The
8 > >quality of the commit messages themselves isn't really useful though
9 > >without knowing their context, so this might be a bit of a catch 22.. For
10 > >2.0.54, viewsvn should be available so it might be better to just use the
11 > >tracker bug to manually create a summary of notable changes.
12 >
13 > Hmm, so you want to change the ChangeLog into release notes? IMO we
14 > should have both (a detailed technical ChangeLog and user friendly
15 > release notes).
16 ChangeLog++
17
18 Should just tag in a script for generating a release. Hand it a
19 version, it bails if the branch isn't clean (unknown files), else it
20 tags, generates changelog, and tarballs the beast.
21 ~harring