From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Is there any way to stop compilation and resume it later (after a reboot)?
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 19:29:03
1 On 02/19/2010 11:17 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
2 > If I don't misremember, when compiling manually I was able to press Ctrl
3 > +C and, later, run again "make" and it continued, is not possible to do
4 > that through emerge then? I mean, run src_compile phase from "uncleaned"
5 > sources dir
6
7 You can use FEATURES=keepwork for that, but generally this approach
8 isn't recommended because the ebuilds aren't as well tested in this
9 mode and therefore you are more likely to encounter bugs. If you
10 must use FEATURES=keepwork, make sure that you disable it as soon as
11 possible since it's poor practice to keep it enabled for all builds
12 since it may prevent $WORKDIR from being cleaned when appropriate.
13 --
14 Thanks,
15 Zac