From: Amit Dor-Shifer <amitds@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Can an ebuild override CONFIG_PROTECT?
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 08:37:56
1 Thanks.
2 IMHO this usage of env.d should be documented in the ebuild howto, as it
3 presents a useful-yet-not-trivial mechanism.
4
5 I'd document it, if:
6 a) I get no objection from others. Anyone?
7 b) I'd be referred to the proper place to document it in. There's a page
8 dealing w/ |CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK at
9 http://devmanual.gentoo.org/general-concepts/config-protect/index.html,
10 but I doubt if that's the proper place.
11
12 |Amit
15 Zac Medico wrote:
16 > Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:
17 >
18 >> I.E.: can an ebuild instruct that one of its deployables under /etc
19 >> shall be "mercilessly auto-update"d?
20 >> Using /etc/make.conf/CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK for a single file seems a bit
21 >> unnatural to me: a general-purpose file specifying a file o/w unknown
22 >> and unrelated to it.
25 > There are lots of ebuilds that install files in /etc/env.d/
26 > containing CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK settings. It think that's what you want.