From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Plugin framework
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 15:44:13
1 I'll answer the other parts later as I'm too tired now...
2
3 On Sunday 13 November 2005 11:57, Brian Harring wrote:
4 > Offhand... what's the non-cache intention of this? I'm not seeing the
5 > gain for stable aside from a more complex handling of cache plugins,
6 > and allowing for python to lose it's marbles in importing- case in
7 > point, while you're trying to do lookups in each sys.path for a plugin
8 > namespace, you're still going to have a l->r namespace pollution.
9
10 There are cache plugins. There are now elog plugins. emaint is hoped to have
11 plugins. There's talk of repoman having plugins... Just unifying it.
14 Jason Stubbs
15 --
16 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list