From: Brian <dol-sen@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev <gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] emerge -pv and masked dependencies
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 07:15:16
1 First, great work on all the patches and improvements I've been seeing.
2
3 I know there is somewhat of a feature freeze while you are catching up,
4 but. If anyone is working on this section of code, could you keep in
5 mind the following feature request.
6
7 emerge -pv <package>
8
9 would actually continue listing (modified normal)after finding a
10 dependency is masked rather than stop on, and report only, the first
11 one. The masked packages would need to be marked as such [hard masked,
12 keyword masked], possibly shown grouped in blocks [KEYWORD, HARD MASKED,
13 STABLE].
14
15 It is most annoying trying to update a meta package that has a bunch of
16 new dependencies that are masked. Perhaps even a:
17
18 emerge --Keyword <package>
19
20 feature added to ask for approval to add a keyword masked package &/or
21 DEPENDS to the package.keyword file after listing them for acceptance.
22
23 P.S. add the masked package/DEPEND list output to the API so I can
24 incorporate into porthole :)
25 --
26 Brian <dol-sen@×××××.net>
29 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list