From: Sebastian Pipping <webmaster@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Daniel Buschke <damage@×××××××.de>
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Portage API questions
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 03:00:12
1 Hello!
4 As part of my Gentoo Google Summer of Code activities
5 I am making use of the Portage Python API. As some of
6 you can tell much quicker than me
7
8 - if the API can answer question X, and
9
10 - where to find functionality for task Y
11
12 I come here to ask for precise pointers related to
13 gathering these sets of data:
14
15 - publically known distfile mirror URLs
16 - publically known global use flags
17 - entries for package.keywords
18 - entries for package.mask
19 - entries for package.unmask
20 - entries for package.use
21 - installed packages with version numbers
22 - entries for /var/lib/portage/world
23 - available local use for ebuild file F
24 - applied use flags for installed package P
25
26 So my two questions are:
27
28 - Which of these sets of data can be obtained
29 through the Portage API, which of them not?
30
31 - Which classes and functions should I look at?
32
33 That's it for now.
34 I'm thankful for any helpful bytes.
38 Sebastian